Turning the Hearts of the People to Their God
This mission is the result of over 40 years of utmost desiring and ungivingup praying for God to use me in his service as he sees fit. All I wanted since my late teens was to serve God, even if that meant I can be used only as a doorkeeper, an usher, in his house. He saw the unusual intensity of my heart’s desire and, instead of sending me immediately out to proclaim the good news of his Son, led me to the wilderness in India, where I was sorely tried for 20 years, and then to the scorching wilderness in Arabia, where I was severely tested for an equal period.
I didn’t know I was being tried in those decades, until about 4 years ago, when I began to revive a vision of the mission that I had seen several years earlier but which I had put away in the discouragement of my trials. With the revival of the vision, I realized how mercifully and miraculously God had been pruning me all those past decades so I could serve him faithfully.
In 2009, I once again took up in earnest my preparation work for setting up this website. My prior several attempts to set up a mission website had always ended ignominiously…until I stopped trying, cast off all my personal efforts, and simply waited for God to directly pave the way for me and open doors. The preparation work was completed in October 2013, and the website launched soon after.
Since then, I have been ministering to both God’s People and to the secular world as the Lord gives me opportunity. To the one I proclaimed Christ directly, to the other I brought Christ through the language of physical and emotional daily bread – by taking care of orphans and widows in affliction and bringing relief to families in acute suffering. The World Daily Bread foundation is a corollary of Pappa Joseph mission.
As you submit to God and keep all his commandments through our Helper, Jesus Christ, you will be blessed more and more in these endtimes. And our Father will ensure that you and your family are kept safe through all the terrible calamities that are going to befall all the nations in our generation.
God’s blessing be upon you!
Statement of Beliefs of Pappa Joseph
Preaching Focus and Core Message
‘But we preach Christ crucified’
1 Corinthians 1:23
‘For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.’
1 Corinthians 2:2
‘For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.’
1 Corinthians 3:11
- God is One, existing as God the Father and God the Son, Jesus Christ (John 1:1). The Holy Spirit is not a distinct third Person in the Godhead, as the Father and the Son are distinct from each other. The Holy Spirit is the Person of the Father and the Son (Romans 8:9), or sometimes the Person of just the Father (Matthew 3:16) or just the Son (1 Corinthians 10:4), in a place. The Holy Spirit is also the Person of the Father and the Son in a bornagain person (John 14:23).
- Man was created so that man can be one with God just as Christ is one with the Father (John 17:21-23). God’s greatest reason for the creation of man was to have ‘Sons of God’, that is, to have a God Family.
- Jesus Christ is the only Being through whom salvation is possible.
- The Bible, with its 66 books, is the inspired revelation of God to man. It is the absolute and only authority for a Christian’s beliefs.
- Man is saved by grace and grace alone, by the cleansing of the blood of Christ and the life of Christ in him. None of his works in his natural state count for his righteousness and all the righteousness attained by him are as filthy rags in the sight of God. But man saved by grace will be full of good works, keeping all the laws of God with all his might through the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit, which is the Father and Christ in him.
- Righteousness and salvation can never be attained by the keeping of the Law, but only by Grace. But every precept, statute and commandment of the Law was given for the benefit of man. The laws relating to physical regulations such as cleansing, etc, are not abolished in Christ, but are magnified and observed in the spirit by God’s people now. The sacrificial and other regulations for the Temple are suspended because there is no physical temple now. Once the Third Temple is rebuilt, these laws will become applicable to all people of God (Psalm 51:18-19). All other laws, such as the 7th day Sabbath, the annual Festivals of God, and the dietary laws, are to be observed by all the people of God today.
- There is diversity in the Church of God. There are basically seven diversities in the Body of Christ. These are diversities formed by cultural and geographical differences, temperaments, and stages of spiritual growth. Each of the diverse churches is a beloved member of the Body of Christ.
- Man in his natural state is as good as a living corpse. He becomes a living being, with the guarantee of eternal life, when he is begotten as a Son of God by the receiving of the Holy Spirit on repentance, baptism and laying on of hands.
- When a man’s present physical life is completed, he is either resurrected to eternal life or regenerated for judgment at the return of Christ or at the White Throne Judgment at the end of Christ’s Millennial rule. Regenerated man, who has not been given salvation in this age, will be given salvation and the chance to live his life in Christ for 100 years (Isaiah 65:20), after which he will either be given eternal life, or he will forever perish.
- The man who rejects salvation will not receive eternal life, but forever perish at the end of his physical life at the regeneration. The eternal punishment of the sinner is that he will not receive eternal life. He will be eternally dead. The concept of an ever-burning hell is a concept of the devil.
- All the promises in the Bible will be fulfilled completely only in the regeneration. In this age, the promises are not assured of fulfillment. All the spiritual promises will be granted in this age itself. Some, or many of the physical promises, including healing and prosperity, will be granted in some cases in this life, but they are not to be expected. But a Christian should ask for physical blessings that he feels would reduce his suffering or make his life happier, but without expecting them, and trusting God to give him those asked-for physical blessings only if God chooses in his good will to grant them.
- Every man who has ever lived will be given their chance for salvation either in their first generation or in their regeneration.
- Jesus Christ will return at the end of this age and usher in the Kingdom of God. When he comes, the chosen 144,000 saints will be resurrected to eternal life. The others will be resurrected to physical life. After his return those who die in the Lord are blessed for they shall be resurrected to eternal life (Revelation 14:13). Christ will rule as King of Kings over all the nations for a thousand years, after which he will hand over the Kingdom to his Father.
- Salvation in this age is offered to only a relatively few people. The vast majority of mankind will be a witness to the Gospel of Christ, and thus they are ‘prepared’ to know Christ at his coming and will be offered salvation then, which they will far more readily accept than they would have if offered in their earlier lives.
- Christ is available as a personal friend and helper to all who call upon his name from every faith – even to those who are skeptical of God’s existence. As long as any person sincerely desires to befriend Christ, he is welcome and Christ is ready to accept his invitation to come to his house and sup with him and his family, be they Hindus, or Muslims, or Buddhists, or Atheists, just as much as he is ready to sup with those to whom he is their Savior and Lord. For God so loved ‘the world’ – and not just Christians – that he gave his only begotten Son to die for them so that they – not just Christians – will not perish but have everlasting life through acceptance of Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- Theistic evolution is a teaching propagated by the devil with the purpose of undermining the direct teachings of God’s Word, so that man may interpret the Bible in any way he likes to suit his natural inclinations.
The One Family of God in Christ in all the Churches
All the true churches of God, which are mentioned in the book of Revelation chapters 2 and 3, have the following beliefs in common, and these are also the foundational teachings of this ministry:
- Jesus Christ is God, who came in the flesh, to die for the sins of man and to give them eternal life.
- Jesus Christ is the only way any person can be saved. “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
- The Lord and Father of Jesus Christ is God the Father.
- God works in his creation through the Person of the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the only infallible Scripture inspired by God for the edification of man.
- Christians should not sin, but if they sin in their weakness they have an immediate propitiation, on repentance, through the blood of Christ shed for them at Calvary. But no sinful lifestyle, such as homosexuality, will be accepted among God’s People, and until a person repents of such sin, he or she cannot be recognized as a true Christian.
- Jesus Christ is returning and will usher in the Kingdom of God. He has prophesied several signs that would clearly indicate his coming is very imminent, but no man can know the exact day or even year of his return.
- There is a Final Judgment of all humanity. Those made righteous through Christ will inherit eternal life, and those incorrigibly wicked will perish forever.
The above 8 beliefs are the core beliefs of all true churches of God worldwide. Within these basic beliefs they may be doctrinal variations, but the core is the same.
If anyone who is a regular visitor to this website would wish to have a closer association with Pappa Joseph’s ministry and have an online fellowship with other likeminded believers, I encourage them to be part of the informal fellowship ‘One Family’. There are no conditions to becoming a member except that you believe the core teachings of the Bible, as stated in the above 8 beliefs, and that you are encouraged by the messages of Pappa Joseph.
God willing, if there are a sufficient number of members of this fellowship in any country, I would like to visit them and hold a meeting for them, and get to know them personally. Right now God has not given me any other vision, except that it would be a good idea to have a fellowship of likeminded believers from all the churches in all the nations. As this mission grows, I will keep you updated on further plans and development of this fellowship.
If God moves your heart to be part of this fellowship, please send a brief description of yourself, not exceeding 200 words, preferably with a profile photo or a family photo. Mention the city where you live, but include your phone number or email id, or both, only if you wish to be contacted by other members of this fellowship. I shall then devote a section for including the profiles of all members. Please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless all the plans you have in your heart to serve him to your utmost.